Claypotts Castle was built by John Strachan between 1569 and 1588, and later owned by ‘Bonnie Dundee', John Graham of Claverhouse. Standing at the northeastern edge of Dundee, the Castle was inhabited into the 19th Century. The castle's architecture is still intact and has hardly been altered over the years. Entry to the castle is available by apointment.
The University of Dundee Botanic Garden is host to a wide range of plants, a collection of conifers and broad-leaved trees and shrubs, tropical and temperate glasshouses, water garden and herb garden.
The Howff is the name given to the historic graveyard that lies on the south of Meadowside in Dundee. It occupies the garden of the former Greyfriars monastery, which was founded by Devorgilla Balliol in the 13th Century. The monastery was destroyed in 1548 and Mary Queen of Scots gifted the land to Dundee.