This extended late-medieval tower house is located on the southern face of The Law and was built in the late 13th century by the Scrymageour family. The castle was redeveloped between 1985 and 1988, and is now in use as offices and a conference centre as well as housing the University of Abertay's Dundee Business School.
A mercat cross is an old market cross found in Scottish towns and cities where merchants would gather. They became focal points for local gatherings. Dundee's Mercat Cross dates back to 1586, is carved from stone and features a resin-bronze unicorn sculpted by Scott Sutherland in the 1960s.
Cox's Stack is an 85m (282 ft) high chimney in the Lochee area of the city and one of the remaining relics of Dundee's once buoyant jute industry. It was constructed in 1866 and formed part of the Cox Brothers' Camperdown Works, one of the largest jute factories of its time. Modelled on an Italian...