Powrie Castle is a 16th century castle located in the north of Dundee, The castle was built in the early 16th century and later razed in 1548 by the English, then based in Balgillo, as part of the Rough Wooing.

It was after this incident that the castle was rebuilt as two separate buildings forming a courtyard.

The south wing was built as a Z-plan tower house with a vaulted ceiling.

This building is now a ruin and is on privately owned ground.

Desperate Dan Statue and ‘Dawg'

Desperate Dan, hero of DC Thomson's ‘The Dandy' comics, is immortalised in Dundee, his place of ‘birth'.The grizzly-faced strong man is cast in an 8-ft tall bronze statue in the city centre alongside his ‘Dawg'.

Dudhope Castle

This extended late-medieval tower house is located on the southern face of The Law and was built in the late 13th century by the Scrymageour family. The castle was redeveloped between 1985 and 1988, and is now in use as offices and a conference centre as well as housing the University of Abertay's...