The Tay Estuary is straddled by two significant examples of structural engineering - the Tay Rail and Ray Road bridges.
The Tay Rail Bridge was completed in 1887 and sweeps across the estuary carrying rail traffic between Dundee and neighbouring Fife.
It replaced the original crossing which collapsed in 1879, killing 75 people. Stumps from the original bridge can still be seen rising above the river's surface and the old girders were used in the construction of the new structure.
The Tay Road Bridge is 2,250 metres long and connects Dundee with Newport on Tay. Leading directly into the city centre, the bridge offers views of the River Tay, The Law and the Sidlaws as well as the ongoing regeneration of Dundee's waterfront.
Lit up at night, the Road Bridge itself is a sight to see.